Welcome to the web site of shettlestonbowling club these are just a few pages on the background to our club and to provide a window for our members to enable them to view whats happening in their club.
We are situated at 53-59 Culrain street Shettleston in Glasgows east end and play an active part in both the Glasgow & Lanarkshire bowling associations.
How we got here
In August 1906 a meeting was held with a view to forming a club for the promotion of lawn bowls this was agreed and six local buisness men obtained from the shettleston barony parish(the equivelant of Glasgow district council) the land which is now the east green of shettleston bowling club.
The land which is now the west green was obtained in 1907 from a local housing factor and the area was registered at the Edinburgh courts on the 28th August 1907 as shettleston bowling club at a cost of 1 pound 1 shilling and 4 old pennies
Feu duty which is now comparable with present day rates was set at 24 pounds 16 shillings and 2 old pence per year.
The six local buisness men were duly elected as trustees a constitution and rules were formed for the future running of the club and shettlestonbowlingclub was born.